Sunday, January 11, 2009

Initial SXSW Line-Up Revealed!

Here's another SXSW Line up of "band list to play" at the SOuth by SOuthwest festival in Austin texas.. This time it's from another credible source - from the people at the limewire blog..

Here's what they said:

Please: Don't ask me if I'm going to South by Southwest this year. The answer is no. And in case you're wondering, it's not time I lack—no sir, I've got plenty of that! The sad truth is, I don't have the money for a roundtrip ticket to Austin, and no one, so far, has offered to fly me out. (Oh wait, did I see you offering, big spender? Well... you know where to reach me.)

So, though I hoped the SXSW 2009 line-up would thoroughly suck, looks like I'll be disappointed. SXSW Music, which takes place March 18-22, is part of a larger festivals that begins on the 13th and includes both film and "interactive" events. But I'm not here to talk about either of those, so here are some highlights of SXSW's initial music line-up:

Akron/Family, Asobi Seksu, Buck 65, The Crystal Method (Yes, they still exist. I was surprised, too.), Crystal Stilts, dead prez, Explosions in the Sky, Ida Maria, Kid Sister, Mika Miko, Peter Bjorn & John, Primal Scream (!!!), Ra Ra Riot, Sage Francis, St. Vincent, The Sonics, Thee Oh See's, This Bike Is a Pipe Bomb (Hey, these guys are still around, too!)

Of course, these are, to varying degrees, the "established" bands on the schedule. And, as we know (some of us secondhand, dammit), SXSW is all about stumbling drunkenly into some dive at 3 A.M. and discovering the next big thing. With that in mind, be sure to check out the full preliminary list here, and stay tuned for more updates.

0 comments: